Monday, May 23, 2011

New Train Table


Didn't take long to figure out that Poppy liked trains... a lot! Soon he had amassed such a large amount of trains that they no longer fit on the ottoman


Or his cute little table I made for him. I knew it was time for a new one when I realized I was taking furniture from other parts of the house to add to his table so he could expand his tracks. The final straw was Matt's late night ebay purchase of 'a few' buildings and tracks (it ended up being 2 big boxes).

I thought about just getting a bigger table but then I realized it would be better if it was just on the floor. Off the Home Depot Matt and Poppy went and they came home with a 4x8 piece of plywood. I still wanted to cut it down because I was sure I wouldn't be able to find fabric big enough to cover such a large piece of wood. Turns out it was an easy find and now I'm glad we didn't make it any smaller, as you can tell from the picture, he's filled it up! Sometimes it's even big enough so that he'll allow his sister to play too!

No comments:

Post a Comment